Skip to main content

Step-by-Step

So, I just watched an orange juice commercial in which the Mom is sitting at the table being briefed by a group of people.  Each person described what she could expect to face as her day developed.  She responds with, "well I'm glad I have my orange juice."  Sitting here, I'm thinking Wow, if we could be privy to that kind of information every morning!  Of course, even as I type, I'm thinking, Wouldn't I just go back to bed rather than face those obstacles today? 

So it is with our christian walk.  Proverbs 20:24 tells us that "man's steps are ordered by the Lord."  God does not unfold His plan for us step-by-step.  Sometimes He even gets super quiet when He is about to unfold something great for us.  My mind immediately goes to my kids.  I see myself holding a great big surprise behind my back.  I am as excited as they are to open my hands as they peer expectantly inside.  I think our Heavenly Father must feel the same way.  He has so much that He wants to give us!  Sometimes He will send words of encouragement about things He's sending our way or even warnings so we can be prayerfully prepared to handle what's ahead.  I do, however, think that sometimes He just wants to surprise us!  I envision His delight to see our faces light up when we receive an unexpected miracle or we see something meant for harm turn out for our good. Besides, if we did know, we'd likely jump ahead of His timing and spoil the surprise, or lose out all together because we could not be patient and wait.  I'm reminded of the time my niece and nephew decided to unwrap their Christmas presents early.  Same thing...ruins it for everyone.  It not only diminishes the luster for the recipient, but it also takes away the excitement from the Giver, too.

I love Psalm 37:23 which is recorded as "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives."  He, the Creator of the Universe, God of All Creation, delights in even the smallest details of our lives.  That is pretty awesome to think about! :)

So, at the end of the day, I would say I am so thankful I don't have to rely on orange juice for strength.  Of course, at one point in my life it was what I was mixing with that orange juice that gave me false hope and false strength!  Now, though, I know God's got it!  He has my back and He know the plans He has for me! (Jeremiah 29:11)  Talk about security. 


Psalm 35:27 “Great is the Lord,who delights in blessing his servant with peace!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Pleaser

Hello, my name is Brittni and I am a people pleaser.  They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Today, I realized this has been a huge stumbling block for me.  Many of the situations I have found myself in can be attributed to doing something I didn't really want to do because I thought someone else wanted me to or better yet, needed me to do.  I have compromised my own beliefs, taken responsibility for things that were not my fault, even made untrue assessments about myself all for the pleasing of someone else.  I called it being agreeable, keeping the peace.  Only, I didn't have peace.  How dumb is that? Joyce Meyer writes, "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING…Motives… Why are we doing (or not doing) something? Are we being motivated by fear, personal gain or a sense of obligation? Are we being motivated by a desire to be in control, accepted or seen?  These are all the wrong reasons for doing something. Our motive for...

The Refiner's Fire

The past couple of months have been difficult. Nothing earth-shattering has happened, no tragedies. I have been looking in the mirror of my soul. I have seen some ugly things. These "things" always come up when I pray earnestly for a clean heart. I'm referring to heart matters such as envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, pride, idolatry, even. It's the ugliness I see when I say, "Father, that I might melt into you!" You see in order to become one with Christ, He has to clean us up. He has to bring those unsightly things to the surface that we try to bury inside (all the while praying no one else sees them) in order for us to deal with them. This is The Refiner's Fire. The fire that burns out the dross to bring forth gold. That same fire referenced in Malachi 3:2 which states, "...He will be like a refiner's fire or the launderer's soap." John the Baptist foretells of Jesus' coming with "His winnowing fan...

Glasses

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about past, current, and even future relationships.  I've discovered ways in which past relationships have had an effect on current relationships and will quite possibly taint future relationships if corrections and adjustments are not made.  We are all aware past hurts, trials, struggles make us who we are, but we need to realize the impact those things have on our vision, the way we see people.  As my favorite Golden Girl would say, "picture it."  It is morning and you are super excited to be alive!  You get dressed and your morning routine could not be smoother or more efficient.  Your morning devotional was power-packed and you felt you actually touched the Throne of God in your prayer time.  You put on your Super Christian Cape with matching Super Christian shades with, of course, super spiritual lenses.  You are clothed in righteousness, ready for the day!...