Skip to main content

Uncertainty

I'm sitting here on a Sunday night, the beginning of a week of uncertainty.  There is more than one area of my life that seems to be shifting.   I have been in a sort of holding cell for almost three years, but  for nearly seven months, life was pretty quiet.  One thing we know for sure is nothing ever stays the same.  So, I would say the past five months have been a season of getting repositioned.  Feelings that were dormant have been awakened, things that were gratifying no longer satisfy, certainties have now become uncertain and some even obsolete. 

Tonight, I sort of feel like an oxymoron.  While there is uncertainty which should be unsettling, I feel almost excited that things seem to be about to change.  My dear friend offered this word (from Joyce Meyer) today, "When God leads us out of a situation, He always takes us into something better."  She added, "Be encouraged, fret not and know that God is in control!"

In our Faith Walk, our spiritual lives, it is well known that you absolutely cannot walk by feelings.  It is, however, imperative to walk by faith, to walk by what you know to be true. 

I feel...unnerved  --->  I know... "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You..." Isaiah 26:3

I feel...fearful       --->  I know... "God has not given us the spirit of fear..." 2 Timothy 1:7

I feel...weary       --->  I know... "So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time, we will
                                                  reap a harvest of blessing if we do not give up."  Galations 6:9


And I know, that I know, that I know...God is faithful!  He has never failed me, not one time, not ever.


Isaiah 43:2 "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.  When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.  When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Pleaser

Hello, my name is Brittni and I am a people pleaser.  They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Today, I realized this has been a huge stumbling block for me.  Many of the situations I have found myself in can be attributed to doing something I didn't really want to do because I thought someone else wanted me to or better yet, needed me to do.  I have compromised my own beliefs, taken responsibility for things that were not my fault, even made untrue assessments about myself all for the pleasing of someone else.  I called it being agreeable, keeping the peace.  Only, I didn't have peace.  How dumb is that? Joyce Meyer writes, "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING…Motives… Why are we doing (or not doing) something? Are we being motivated by fear, personal gain or a sense of obligation? Are we being motivated by a desire to be in control, accepted or seen?  These are all the wrong reasons for doing something. Our motive for...

The Refiner's Fire

The past couple of months have been difficult. Nothing earth-shattering has happened, no tragedies. I have been looking in the mirror of my soul. I have seen some ugly things. These "things" always come up when I pray earnestly for a clean heart. I'm referring to heart matters such as envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, pride, idolatry, even. It's the ugliness I see when I say, "Father, that I might melt into you!" You see in order to become one with Christ, He has to clean us up. He has to bring those unsightly things to the surface that we try to bury inside (all the while praying no one else sees them) in order for us to deal with them. This is The Refiner's Fire. The fire that burns out the dross to bring forth gold. That same fire referenced in Malachi 3:2 which states, "...He will be like a refiner's fire or the launderer's soap." John the Baptist foretells of Jesus' coming with "His winnowing fan...

Glasses

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about past, current, and even future relationships.  I've discovered ways in which past relationships have had an effect on current relationships and will quite possibly taint future relationships if corrections and adjustments are not made.  We are all aware past hurts, trials, struggles make us who we are, but we need to realize the impact those things have on our vision, the way we see people.  As my favorite Golden Girl would say, "picture it."  It is morning and you are super excited to be alive!  You get dressed and your morning routine could not be smoother or more efficient.  Your morning devotional was power-packed and you felt you actually touched the Throne of God in your prayer time.  You put on your Super Christian Cape with matching Super Christian shades with, of course, super spiritual lenses.  You are clothed in righteousness, ready for the day!...