Skip to main content

Everyday Should Be Thanksgiving!

As we are thrust into the holiday season, we tend to become reflective.  Even though it is the season to be jolly and to think of others, we often have the tendency to turn inward.  No, this is not going to be a lecture on how we should ponder the true meaning of Christmas nor am I making a point to remember the Pilgrims and all they endured.  I do, however, want to remind you that no matter the circumstance, God is faithful! 

I hear so many say, "Just what do I have to be thankful for this year?"  Let's go to scripture:

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34
"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High." Psalm 7:17
"Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind." Psalm 107:21
"I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation." Psalm 118:21
"Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:25
"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Ephesians 1:16
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17
"...give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."   1 Thessalonians 5:8
"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign." Revelation 11:17
So, we are to give thanks for:  His goodness, His righteousness, His love, His salvation, His deliverance, for one another, at all times, in all circumstances, in whatever we do and in whatever we say.

"...but why," you ask? 

For it is written, "this is God's will  for you in Christ Jesus" AND because He is the One Who Was, and Is, and Is To Come!  He reigns!

Seems to me, there is no other way to be.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Pleaser

Hello, my name is Brittni and I am a people pleaser.  They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Today, I realized this has been a huge stumbling block for me.  Many of the situations I have found myself in can be attributed to doing something I didn't really want to do because I thought someone else wanted me to or better yet, needed me to do.  I have compromised my own beliefs, taken responsibility for things that were not my fault, even made untrue assessments about myself all for the pleasing of someone else.  I called it being agreeable, keeping the peace.  Only, I didn't have peace.  How dumb is that? Joyce Meyer writes, "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING…Motives… Why are we doing (or not doing) something? Are we being motivated by fear, personal gain or a sense of obligation? Are we being motivated by a desire to be in control, accepted or seen?  These are all the wrong reasons for doing something. Our motive for...

The Refiner's Fire

The past couple of months have been difficult. Nothing earth-shattering has happened, no tragedies. I have been looking in the mirror of my soul. I have seen some ugly things. These "things" always come up when I pray earnestly for a clean heart. I'm referring to heart matters such as envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, pride, idolatry, even. It's the ugliness I see when I say, "Father, that I might melt into you!" You see in order to become one with Christ, He has to clean us up. He has to bring those unsightly things to the surface that we try to bury inside (all the while praying no one else sees them) in order for us to deal with them. This is The Refiner's Fire. The fire that burns out the dross to bring forth gold. That same fire referenced in Malachi 3:2 which states, "...He will be like a refiner's fire or the launderer's soap." John the Baptist foretells of Jesus' coming with "His winnowing fan...

Glasses

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about past, current, and even future relationships.  I've discovered ways in which past relationships have had an effect on current relationships and will quite possibly taint future relationships if corrections and adjustments are not made.  We are all aware past hurts, trials, struggles make us who we are, but we need to realize the impact those things have on our vision, the way we see people.  As my favorite Golden Girl would say, "picture it."  It is morning and you are super excited to be alive!  You get dressed and your morning routine could not be smoother or more efficient.  Your morning devotional was power-packed and you felt you actually touched the Throne of God in your prayer time.  You put on your Super Christian Cape with matching Super Christian shades with, of course, super spiritual lenses.  You are clothed in righteousness, ready for the day!...