Skip to main content

Let Freedom Ring

Have you ever thought about what freedom means? We talk about it all the time. We hear on the news that an entire political party wants to steal it. There are songs written about it. Relationships have ended in pursuit of it. Many have died protecting it. Jesus endured crucifixion so that we all may have it. So, what does it mean to be free?

A quick Google search yielded extensive, revelatory meanings and descriptors of freedom. As I read through each one, I felt the mission of wanting to protect it. I can see why power-hungry individuals would want to take it and I can certainly understand why we would rather die than give it up.

Freedom is the state of being free which means:

-You are not confined to a particular area or forced to remain in a particular place.

-You have liberty as opposed to bondage or slavery.

-You have independence which is the freedom to live as you choose without outside control or influence.

-You have the power to determine your own actions.

-You are exempt from the presence of any unwanted thing in your life.

-You have immunity.

-You are released from ties, obligations, etc.

-You have the right to enjoy all the privileges.

The same holds true in our relationship with Jesus. We know this, but do we KNOW this? The only place where servanthood is synonymous with freedom is in Christ Jesus. Here we find that we are not forced into a place of bondage or confinement. Acts 17:28 tells us it is “in Him we live, and move, and have our being.”

We do not have to live in a state of fear, anxiety, depression, regret, or rejection. Our state of being is FREE! We can choose a life of happiness, peace, and joy where we are immune to the attacks of the enemy. We are not obligated to stay in endless, destructive patterns that others would impose upon us, but we can experience all the benefits of being loved by Jesus.

Freedom is not free. There is a price to pay. Too many servicemen and women have died for our freedom in this country and Christ paid the price for us all at Calvary. So, let freedom ring in your home, in your relationships, in your life, and let us pray every day that the whole world can know the freedom of abiding in Jesus!

John 8:36 “Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Pleaser

Hello, my name is Brittni and I am a people pleaser.  They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Today, I realized this has been a huge stumbling block for me.  Many of the situations I have found myself in can be attributed to doing something I didn't really want to do because I thought someone else wanted me to or better yet, needed me to do.  I have compromised my own beliefs, taken responsibility for things that were not my fault, even made untrue assessments about myself all for the pleasing of someone else.  I called it being agreeable, keeping the peace.  Only, I didn't have peace.  How dumb is that? Joyce Meyer writes, "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING…Motives… Why are we doing (or not doing) something? Are we being motivated by fear, personal gain or a sense of obligation? Are we being motivated by a desire to be in control, accepted or seen?  These are all the wrong reasons for doing something. Our motive for...

The Refiner's Fire

The past couple of months have been difficult. Nothing earth-shattering has happened, no tragedies. I have been looking in the mirror of my soul. I have seen some ugly things. These "things" always come up when I pray earnestly for a clean heart. I'm referring to heart matters such as envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, pride, idolatry, even. It's the ugliness I see when I say, "Father, that I might melt into you!" You see in order to become one with Christ, He has to clean us up. He has to bring those unsightly things to the surface that we try to bury inside (all the while praying no one else sees them) in order for us to deal with them. This is The Refiner's Fire. The fire that burns out the dross to bring forth gold. That same fire referenced in Malachi 3:2 which states, "...He will be like a refiner's fire or the launderer's soap." John the Baptist foretells of Jesus' coming with "His winnowing fan...

Glasses

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about past, current, and even future relationships.  I've discovered ways in which past relationships have had an effect on current relationships and will quite possibly taint future relationships if corrections and adjustments are not made.  We are all aware past hurts, trials, struggles make us who we are, but we need to realize the impact those things have on our vision, the way we see people.  As my favorite Golden Girl would say, "picture it."  It is morning and you are super excited to be alive!  You get dressed and your morning routine could not be smoother or more efficient.  Your morning devotional was power-packed and you felt you actually touched the Throne of God in your prayer time.  You put on your Super Christian Cape with matching Super Christian shades with, of course, super spiritual lenses.  You are clothed in righteousness, ready for the day!...