Skip to main content

A Letter To My Love on our Wedding Day

You asked me once why I love you so much. There are so many reasons. New ones present themselves every day. So, I know I will be unable to recount them all here, but I wanted you to know how very much I love you!

My single-life journey began nearly 8 years ago and it has certainly been a long one to travel alone. I am thankful for this path because it has been one of growth and maturity, strength building and spiritual awakening, faith-building, and learning to rest in God's plan, one to toughen me up in some areas and to soften me in other areas. Along this strenuous journey, I found you.

You are a sturdy man with broad shoulders and macho-man muscles big enough to carry not just one, but three girls. A beautiful man with strong hands, a tender heart, and most importantly, a love for Jesus. You make me feel safe. Your love for my girls touches the depths of my soul and that quirky sense of humor keeps me laughing all the time. When I am with you, I feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, like the only woman in the world.

Every single day, I thank God for you. I look forward to many adventures together and the start of a new journey, our journey. My cup runneth over.


2 Chronicles 6:4, "Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, Who has fulfilled with His hands what He promised with His mouth..."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Pleaser

Hello, my name is Brittni and I am a people pleaser.  They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Today, I realized this has been a huge stumbling block for me.  Many of the situations I have found myself in can be attributed to doing something I didn't really want to do because I thought someone else wanted me to or better yet, needed me to do.  I have compromised my own beliefs, taken responsibility for things that were not my fault, even made untrue assessments about myself all for the pleasing of someone else.  I called it being agreeable, keeping the peace.  Only, I didn't have peace.  How dumb is that? Joyce Meyer writes, "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING…Motives… Why are we doing (or not doing) something? Are we being motivated by fear, personal gain or a sense of obligation? Are we being motivated by a desire to be in control, accepted or seen?  These are all the wrong reasons for doing something. Our motive for...

The Refiner's Fire

The past couple of months have been difficult. Nothing earth-shattering has happened, no tragedies. I have been looking in the mirror of my soul. I have seen some ugly things. These "things" always come up when I pray earnestly for a clean heart. I'm referring to heart matters such as envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, pride, idolatry, even. It's the ugliness I see when I say, "Father, that I might melt into you!" You see in order to become one with Christ, He has to clean us up. He has to bring those unsightly things to the surface that we try to bury inside (all the while praying no one else sees them) in order for us to deal with them. This is The Refiner's Fire. The fire that burns out the dross to bring forth gold. That same fire referenced in Malachi 3:2 which states, "...He will be like a refiner's fire or the launderer's soap." John the Baptist foretells of Jesus' coming with "His winnowing fan...

Glasses

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about past, current, and even future relationships.  I've discovered ways in which past relationships have had an effect on current relationships and will quite possibly taint future relationships if corrections and adjustments are not made.  We are all aware past hurts, trials, struggles make us who we are, but we need to realize the impact those things have on our vision, the way we see people.  As my favorite Golden Girl would say, "picture it."  It is morning and you are super excited to be alive!  You get dressed and your morning routine could not be smoother or more efficient.  Your morning devotional was power-packed and you felt you actually touched the Throne of God in your prayer time.  You put on your Super Christian Cape with matching Super Christian shades with, of course, super spiritual lenses.  You are clothed in righteousness, ready for the day!...