Skip to main content

Out of Control

Over the past year, I have written from some very high and some very low places.  Some of my writing may seem redundant as many of the trials I've faced seem redundant to me at times.  Same life lessons just much harder tests.  Even now, I find myself in the most uncomfortable place I have been in quite a long time.  It is one in which I have absolutely no control--not just in one area but in several areas of my life--not just in my life, but also in the lives of everyone around me.  There is much heartache, turmoil, grief.  What IS going on?  What is He up to?

I have learned in these past 3 years, that God is always in control.  He is more in control when we are not which is really the best place to be.  So, that, through all of these circumstances in our lives, He will be glorified not only in us, but also through us.  I know His ways are higher (Isaiah 55:8-9) and I depend on that to get me through the tough times, the fiery trials.  He does have a plan and according to Psalm 33:11, "...the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations."  No matter what you may be facing, God can always turn it around for your good whether it be to purify, to strengthen, to teach, or just so He can bless you beyond your comprehension.  We just have to trust Him and know that He is our God and He is ALWAYS in control.

During several weeks of relentless attacks, I sought much needed counsel.  Upon confiding in my closest friend, she replied, "He hasn't left you or tossed you out without His protection.  He is  merely teaching you to walk."

Psalm 25:4,5  "Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.  Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Pleaser

Hello, my name is Brittni and I am a people pleaser.  They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Today, I realized this has been a huge stumbling block for me.  Many of the situations I have found myself in can be attributed to doing something I didn't really want to do because I thought someone else wanted me to or better yet, needed me to do.  I have compromised my own beliefs, taken responsibility for things that were not my fault, even made untrue assessments about myself all for the pleasing of someone else.  I called it being agreeable, keeping the peace.  Only, I didn't have peace.  How dumb is that? Joyce Meyer writes, "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING…Motives… Why are we doing (or not doing) something? Are we being motivated by fear, personal gain or a sense of obligation? Are we being motivated by a desire to be in control, accepted or seen?  These are all the wrong reasons for doing something. Our motive for...

The Refiner's Fire

The past couple of months have been difficult. Nothing earth-shattering has happened, no tragedies. I have been looking in the mirror of my soul. I have seen some ugly things. These "things" always come up when I pray earnestly for a clean heart. I'm referring to heart matters such as envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, pride, idolatry, even. It's the ugliness I see when I say, "Father, that I might melt into you!" You see in order to become one with Christ, He has to clean us up. He has to bring those unsightly things to the surface that we try to bury inside (all the while praying no one else sees them) in order for us to deal with them. This is The Refiner's Fire. The fire that burns out the dross to bring forth gold. That same fire referenced in Malachi 3:2 which states, "...He will be like a refiner's fire or the launderer's soap." John the Baptist foretells of Jesus' coming with "His winnowing fan...

Porcupine

Photo by Vadym “The porcupine, whom one must handle gloved, may be respected, but never loved.”               ~Arthur Guiterman Those who know me, even those who have followed my blogs, know I have struggled in relationships. Though it is true, many of the hellacious, short-lived relationships were the result of simply picking the wrong people--whether romantic relationships, friendships, even mentors. For this reason, it is particularly important to pray about every aspect of your life, not just "the big things." In all actuality, the simplest details overlooked can thrust you into the most difficult and most painful situations from which to extricate yourself. Often, this is where we experience being blind-sided. Through these tumultuous times, as we all do, I have developed a defense mechanism that I only discovered in the past few weeks. In my prayer time, a revelation came to me so clearly, I may as well ha...