Skip to main content

Waiting

So, I'm sitting here in the Columbus/Ft. Benning Airport waiting. Waiting, waiting, waiting...2 hours of waiting. As I look around, I see many others doing the same thing. Everyone handling "the wait" in a different way. Some people are eating. Some people are chatting it up with their friends or fellow wait-ers. One military guy is sleeping on the floor no less.

I started thinking...as Christians, how do we wait? I'm not refering to waiting on our order at our favorite restaurant or a flight home or even in line at the grocery. How do we wait on the Lord? In my journey, I have had and still have long periods of waiting. Each time the wait has been worth it! The outcome has usually been different and better than what I had hoped or imagined! David tells us in Psalm 40:1 (AMP) "I WAITED patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry."

Everyone has their own walk, their own journey, and their own times of waiting. Some wait patiently, others not so much. Some wait all the while kicking and screaming, yet others enjoy the wait. I believe if we pray for God's perfect will and perfect timing, we will get to where we are going and ultimately we will be where we are supposed to be at the appointed time. Christians commonly think they will just help God out and make things happen on their own. However, this may lead to a 40-year walk around the mountain. Then, even though we do make it to our destination, it is often with unnecessary scars and baggage. These battle scars are due to a walk through trials and circumstances we may have avoided if we had only waited on the Lord's time and the Lord's plan. Remember, the answer isn't always "No." Sometimes the answer is just "Not now" or "Not that way. Try it My way." More often than not, the answer is "Let Me do this for you."

Ultimately, we are all striving for the same destination. How long will we have to prepare? How many hard lessons will we have to learn? How many u-turns will we have to take?

Most importantly, how many people will we take with us??? Isn't that our purpose anyway? How we wait can be more of a testimony than the very thing we were waiting for. Patience is a fruit of the Spirit and I very much want my Tree to bear good fruit so that it is, or rather He is, appealing to the hungry!

Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Pleaser

Hello, my name is Brittni and I am a people pleaser.  They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Today, I realized this has been a huge stumbling block for me.  Many of the situations I have found myself in can be attributed to doing something I didn't really want to do because I thought someone else wanted me to or better yet, needed me to do.  I have compromised my own beliefs, taken responsibility for things that were not my fault, even made untrue assessments about myself all for the pleasing of someone else.  I called it being agreeable, keeping the peace.  Only, I didn't have peace.  How dumb is that? Joyce Meyer writes, "IT ALL COMES DOWN TO ONE THING…Motives… Why are we doing (or not doing) something? Are we being motivated by fear, personal gain or a sense of obligation? Are we being motivated by a desire to be in control, accepted or seen?  These are all the wrong reasons for doing something. Our motive for...

The Refiner's Fire

The past couple of months have been difficult. Nothing earth-shattering has happened, no tragedies. I have been looking in the mirror of my soul. I have seen some ugly things. These "things" always come up when I pray earnestly for a clean heart. I'm referring to heart matters such as envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, pride, idolatry, even. It's the ugliness I see when I say, "Father, that I might melt into you!" You see in order to become one with Christ, He has to clean us up. He has to bring those unsightly things to the surface that we try to bury inside (all the while praying no one else sees them) in order for us to deal with them. This is The Refiner's Fire. The fire that burns out the dross to bring forth gold. That same fire referenced in Malachi 3:2 which states, "...He will be like a refiner's fire or the launderer's soap." John the Baptist foretells of Jesus' coming with "His winnowing fan...

Glasses

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about past, current, and even future relationships.  I've discovered ways in which past relationships have had an effect on current relationships and will quite possibly taint future relationships if corrections and adjustments are not made.  We are all aware past hurts, trials, struggles make us who we are, but we need to realize the impact those things have on our vision, the way we see people.  As my favorite Golden Girl would say, "picture it."  It is morning and you are super excited to be alive!  You get dressed and your morning routine could not be smoother or more efficient.  Your morning devotional was power-packed and you felt you actually touched the Throne of God in your prayer time.  You put on your Super Christian Cape with matching Super Christian shades with, of course, super spiritual lenses.  You are clothed in righteousness, ready for the day!...